wanderlustmedia

GROUNDING THE VIRTUAL REALM, RETRACING AGE-OLD FOOTPATHS TO REST AT HOME IN THE MOTION OF DESIRE.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

unterWegs:renewal, rededication

why is it so hard to write these days? I fret over appropiate tools--
I may need to compile my own Whole Earth (Scribbler's) Catalog
in my tendency to oversegment process & build perfectionistic hurdles
between inspirational, associational, development, editing & structuring stages...
ANYWAY--

...three nights in Fort Bragg at the Harbor Lite ( http://www.harborlitelodge.com/ )
& a sunny morning farewell got me running down th northern bank of Noyo Harbor by seven...
(Thanksgiving Coffee, of which I'm a 'shareowner', has its offices, roasting facility & main warehouse on th southside, maybe just a little inland from th main fishboat docks--)

th foreground of eucalyptus over piney aromas, mingled with some kelpy marine notes took me directly to La Guardia, my maternal GrandDad's hometown in Galicia, just across Rio Minho from Portugal-- wonder if anybody's trying to propagate Albarinho vines around th NW end of Anderson Valley? --or anywhere else near these parts?

Yesterday, between gusty showers, I drove north close to Westport & visited Pacific Star-- http://www.pacificstarwinery.com/pacstar/index.jsp
th Westernmost Winery in th lower 48, at least-- (I was told there is a winery on Kodiak Island, Alaska, although they work with berries rather than grapes)
--came away with three bottles of atypically subtle wine made by Sally Ottoson.
Also atypical, they were what by other wineries standards might be 'Library' wines, with a few years of bottle age & showing nicely. My nose was still half-asleep & it was only on a second taste that th Viognier opened up for me, so I will withhold what would be woefully inadequate tasting notes & trust to share not only th V--, but their Grenache (more a 'Claret' to me that th Rose they label it as! --& drinking deliciously six years after harvest!) & idiosyncratic Charbono with th right people at th right time.

Un abrazo, d--

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home